Since we haven’t posted a recipe in a while, we decided that we should do another microwave recipe because they are so easy for kids to make. Although this recipe is definitely a little bit harder than our other recipes, it can still be done with a parent’s help, and although it’s slightly more challenging than our other recipes, it is still decently easy!
It serves two people and can be topped with whipped cream, sprinkles or any other topping you can think of!
To start, gather all of the ingredients and supplies listed below:
2. White Milk
3. Baking Powder
5. Sunflower/Vegetable Oil
6. 100% Pure Maple Syrup
7. Brown Sugar
9. Measuring Tools
10. A microwavable mug
11. Two small bowls
12. A spoon or two
Now that you have gathered all of the ingredients listed above, you can begin following the steps below. Remember to wash your hands with soap and water before beginning! ☺
1. Get out one of the bowls. You are going to begin making the pastry part of the cinnamon roll.
Start by putting six tablespoons of flour into the bowl.
2. Add 3/4 of a teaspoon of baking powder to the flour.
3. Add 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt.
4. Now it’s time to add the liquid! Add three tablespoons of milk.
5. You are almost done the pastry! Give it a good mix until there are no longer any lumps in the mixture.
5. Knead the dough with your hands for about two minutes and then set aside.
6. Now it’s time to make the filling! Start by putting in two teaspoons of cinnamon into a separate bowl.
7. Add one tablespoon of brown sugar to the cinnamon.
8. Now you can add one tablespoon of maple syrup.
9. Mix well until it all ingredients are combined.
When you are done stirring, your filling and dough should look like they do in the photo below:
10. Knead your dough a little more. It may have slightly hardened while you were making the filling, and if that is the case then you may have to knead it for a little longer, but it will go back to normal.
11. Now it’s time to roll out your dough. When you are done, it should be a long, rectangle-like shape. Make sure that it is not too thick!
12. When you are done rolling out the dough, fold down the edges. This is the make sure that the filling doesn’t leak out.
13. Now it’s time to pour in the filling! Carefully pour the filling inside of the folded edges, making sure that none of it leaks out.
14. Gently roll the dough into the shape of a cinnamon roll. Some filling might leak out, but as long as most of it stays inside, it should be fine.
15. Carefully place the roll into a microwavable mug. Pour one tablespoon of sunflower or vegetable oil over it.
16. Place the mug in the microwave. It’s time to “bake” your cinnamon roll!
17. Microwave the cinnamon roll for 5-6 15-second intervals.
18. Remove the mug from the microwave when it is ready, and let the cinnamon roll cool before removing it from the mug. Cut it in half.
Did you enjoy KidMag’s microwave cinnamon rolls? Let us know using our contact page!