OK, so a bucket list is technically a list of things to do before you die.
But in this case, it’s a list of things to do before spring break ends.
For some who are reading this, spring break could be over. But for a lot of kids, spring break is coming up soon!
Most activities on the list can be done whether you are on vacation somewhere else in the world, or if you are at home. But some (only some!) are special to those who are staying home, as they don’t get the privilege to go on vacation.
So, here is our list of twenty fun things to do before spring break is over, most of which you wouldn’t be able to do if you weren’t on break:
- Have a sleepover with your family in the living room. Set it up like a campsite.
- Spend an entire day at the library, trampoline park, swimming pool or somewhere cool.
- Read a book series from beginning to end. Some examples could be Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- Write a letter to your idol. Send it if you are allowed to, but don’t expect a reply.
- Dance in the rain (if you get the chance.)
- Make your own movie. You can choose to make an iMovie, a stop motion animated movie, or any other kind of movie you can think of.
- Plant a flower. You can do this inside or outside.
- Dye your hair a fun colour (with the permission of a parent or guardian, of course), or put in hair chalk.
- Make you own homemade ice cream with a few ingredients found at home!
- Learn 10 words in a different language.
- Make your own escape room.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, assisted living community, or children’s hospital.
- Teach a young child or friend how to do something, like knitting/crocheting, a cartwheel, or (the basics) of an instrument.
- Do a random act of kindness. Some ideas could be: leaving a note on the fridge for your parent or guardian when he/she gets home, leaving money outside of a vending machine with a note saying “Enjoy”, or buy a homeless person a sandwich.
- Go on a two hour walk with your friends and a parent. Stop somewhere fun, like an ice cream place, on the way.
- Make a cool translucent bookmark.
- Try to get at least 60 minutes of exercise daily.
- Make one of KidMag’s many microwave recipes! Here are some options:
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Raspberry-Blueberry Mug Muffin
Two Kinds of Mug Cakes (confetti and chocolate)
Remember, every recipe is made in the microwave!
- Send a message in a bottle. Don’t worry if you are not on a beach vacation, you can send it down a river near you as well.
- Rearrange and clean out your room. We know the cleaning part isn’t fun, but organising your room with a parent’s permission can be refreshing and fun. Spring cleaning!
Happy spring break!
Enjoy this article? Be sure to let us know using our contact page! We love hearing from you.
You should also vote for where you would like to go on spring vacation on KidMag’s new poll to get you in the spring break spirit!