For this months fact of the month page, we have chosen Christmas as our theme. There is no better time to learn Christmas facts than right now in December!
- A popular Christmas food in Japan in Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- In order for Santa to deliver presents to everyone on Christmas Eve, he must visit approximately 75 million homes.
- The first Christmas trees were found in Germany in the 16th century. Instead of putting ornaments and ribbon on the tree, they decorated with fruits and nuts.
- The largest Christmas gift given was the statue of liberty, presented to the US from France in 1886.
- When people call Christmas Xmas, do you ever wonder what the X stands for? In Greek, X means Christ, so Xmas is a shortened version of Christmas and it means the same thing.
- The first electric Christmas lights showed up in 1895.
- Jingle Bells was released in 1857, and the title of the song was originally called “One Horse Open Sleigh”. The song was also meant for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas.
- Up to 36 million Christmas trees are produced each year.
- In 1914 during the first world war, countries Germany and England made a Christmas truce and played football, exchanged gifts, and decorated their trenches.
- Brenda Lee recorded “Rockin Around The Christmas Tree” when she was 13 years old.
We hope you liked KidMag’s Christmas facts! If you have any astonishing facts for us, be sure to tell us on our contact page!
Photo by Giftpundits https://giftpundits.com/our-free-photos/